Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Red sauce ribs cooked in the slow cooker

Had ribs last night with spinach salad and leftover baked beans from Friday and smashed up yams cooked in the microwave.

They were really good. Fell right off the bone. I am going to try my friends recipe next time though. It has a few more steps so I will try it on a weekend night.

I will update later today with how I cooked them. I got the recipe from the book I checked out from the library. I only really liked a handful of recipe's from the book so didn't want to purchase it.

UPDATE:

Red sauce rib recipe Prep Time: 10 min Cook time: 8 hours on low (crock-pot)
1 lbs of pork spare ribs (I bought the kind that was already cut into individual ribs)
1/4 cup of ketchup
1 tablespoon of honey
1 tablespoon of soy sauce (or liquid aminos substitute)
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
1 tablespoon of fresh grated ginger
1 clove of garlic (minced)

1. Combine the sauce ingredients into a bowl
2. Place the ribs into the crock-pot and brush on the sauce between stacking the ribs on top of each other.
3. Set on low for 8 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment