Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Meatloaf Muffin Tin...........MESS!!

The recipe was good! Don't get me wrong, it's the mess left inside the muffin tin afterwards that I don't enjoy cleaning up. Also, the mess in the oven from grease smoke and dripping everywhere. The meatloaf was tasty but a bit too greasy. I will be making some modifications for the next time I make it. First time was at least edible!

Changes for next time:
1. Don't make in a muffin tin! Use regular baking ban for meatloaf.
2. Use 1/3 or more of ground turkey mixed in
3. Use steel cut oats instead of bread crumbs mixed in and also a good thick layer on top (husbands idea)

I think with those it would be a nice easy meal to make for two. We had some leftovers but not too much. I had a 3lb package of ground beef and saved the other half to make homemade spaghetti sauce tonight along with stir fry chicken.
(The spaghetti sauce is for another night but it's nice to prepare it all ahead of time since it makes ALOT, and I freeze half of it.)

I think next time I will start taking photos too so there can be images to go along with this tale of mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment