Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Dinner for Two- Chicken Tortilla Soup Made in the Crock Pot

I am going to try my third crock pot recipe. This is another one taken from the Lovingmynest blogger on her other blog containing allergy free cooking recipes. I think with this recipe I will follow it almost exactly as written on her blog. I made a few changes and my version is below. I have all the ingredients set out on my counter next to the crock pot except for the chicken. I should be all ready to go in the morning. While I haven't before been very fond of a meal that includes a lot of canned goods, (probably because I grew up eating a lot of canned vegetables) I am more open to the idea now when the few occasions have come up.

If this recipe turns out as good as it sounds I will be happy to make it again.

Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup Prep Time: 10 min Cook Time: low for 8 hours
1lb of boneless chicken breast
1 15oz can of diced tomatoes with chilies
1 10 oz can of enchilada sauce
1 4 oz can of chopped green chilies
1 yellow onion (diced)
2 cloves of garlic (diced)
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 15 oz can of corn (don't drain) or you can use 1 small bag of frozen corn
Corn Tortilla chips (crushed to serve on top of soup for individual bowls)

1. Place chopped yellow onion on the bottom of the crock pot. Then add the chicken breasts, they will be shredded with forks after cooking. Then add all other ingredients on top except for corn tortilla chips.
2. Cook on low heat for 8 hours.
3. Shred chicken after cooking is done and add crushed tortilla chips to serving bowls on top of soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment