Monday, August 26, 2013

Dinner for two-Monday

You know you have started the process of being a 'foodie' when you have email folders and internet bookmarks titled recipes and those get more attention then your other saved links.

I have accomplished this part of my process. I forever was reading about some great recipe online (since I don't read cookbooks yet for fun) and then loosing it before I had a chance to try and make it. No longer! I am getting organized and that feels really good.

I saw this recipe floating around on both Facebook and pinterest. I finally decided to try it. I will update later tonight on how it turned out. My hope is not an image of the pinterest photo next to the actual photo that we all love to look and laugh at.

I have so far answered a few of the questions I have come across in recipes and I think I will start a recipe question of the week. Per day I think would be too much pressure so far in my foodie adventures.

Recipe question of the week:
What is a celery rib?
The rib of celery is actually what you have been cooking with all along. Some snobby foodie that came before me said a "stock" of celery is actually the whole thing technically so the "rib" is the individual pieces you are chopping up. A rib doesn't actually make any sense to me. The writer of this short answer agrees with me, somewhat . Take a look and read for yourself.

Meatloaf in Muffin Tin Prep Time: 15-20min (how efficient are you at chopping veggies?) Cook time: 20min
1.5 lbs of ground beef/turkey/pork whatever you prefer or like to mix together
1 yellow onion (chopped)
2 celery ribs (or stalk if you use today's current terms for it)
1 green bell pepper
1 large egg and a small amount of milk (beaten together, about 1 tablespoon of milk) use more eggs if you want.
1 cup plain bread crumbs (I don't have bread crumbs and will try and chop up in my food processor some bread and bake it in the oven for like 2-5min and see if that works)
2 tablespoons of seasoning for your meat (I use the Steak Seasoning I have in my spice rack)
1 cups of bbq sauce
1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup of tomato salsa
EVO (extra virgin olive oil)

1. Preheat the oven to 450F
2. Put the ground meat and small chopped veggies into a large bowl. Next, add the beaten egg and milk mixture with the bread crumbs and spices. Mix together in a separate smaller bowl the bbq sauce, salsa and Worcestershire sauce. Mix half into the meat bowl mixture and combine together. The other half of the sauce is going to be added ontop of each "meatloaf muffin".
3. Coat the inside of the muffin tin with EEO and fill with the meat mixture, ONLY about 3/4 full! You will be wise to follow this. Even with a collection pan underneath I got a lot of smoke coming from my oven from the excess grease around the edges of the pan burning off. Top each muffin loaf with a spoonful of extra sauce. Place a baking sheet or some other baking pan under the muffin tin to collect any liquid/grease that spills out!
4. Bake for 20min or until cooked, check a meatloaf muffin before removing from the oven.

Serve with salad and mashed up yams! I need to get started on making more side dishes. That will be the goal of next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment