Tuesday, September 3, 2013

How to Select the Right Wine for Cooking

So, I keep finding recipes that want me to find Marsala wine or a dry white wine. I sort of go. Huh? I mean I drink the stuff but I don't know much about it other then, "Oh, pretty label and I wants it!"

So, to help with the confusion I found this great website that helps explain things.

I learned a dry white wine is good for chicken and to use a Chardonnay. I enjoyed the tips for cooking with wine listed at the bottom of the page the most. I learned a lot, my favorite tips I wrote here. To see the other great recommendations check out the website winefolly.com

Cooking with White Wine Tips
1. When cooking shellfish, add a wine to the broth to steam the shellfish.
2. White wine that has been already opened can be kept in the fridge for a week and is good for cooking for up to two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment