Friday, September 6, 2013

French Onion Soup - Dinner for Two

I made last night a delicious, tasty and easy meal. Perfect for a dark and stormy evening too!

I will update with the recipe later this afternoon. I also took pictures this time of the cooking process for both the soup and the raw berry pie.

The only thing I would do differently is actually own the dishes you can broil the cheese on top with.  Instead my husband and I made cheesy croutons/bread strips in the oven and then dipped them into the broth and it was super good that way.

Tonight is just going to be plain ole steak with salad and yams. I prefer a more simple dinner on a Friday evening. However, I did make the raw berry pie recipe last night and it firmed up in the fridge overnight and will be ready for us to eat when we get home! Here is a picture before it went into the fridge.


This weekend I need to finish making the recipes I posted last Saturday. I think for this Saturday evening I will try making Fettuccine Alfredo with chicken and for Sunday evening the sweet and sour chicken stir fry.

Because our grocery store is super busy on the weekends we will be trying to do our shopping during the week after we have already eaten dinner. I will start posting my recipe list for the week on Sundays instead of Saturday mornings.

Kyle will be guest posting again soon his family's favorite appetizers, Sausage Rolls! You think you know what these are but you probably guessed wrong. So yummy he made a double batch so we could eat lots and lots of them ourselves without anyone knowing! We'll now you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment